To exercise safety, respect, and responsibility in and out of the home, while developing independent living skills, gaining vocational experience, and successfully integrating within the community.
The Village House offers a supportive, “bridge” environment, for its residents as they transition to adulthood. The program’s focus is to increase its residents’ overall experience in independence and to decrease reliance on the State system. Special attention is given to building confidence and functionality, self-determination, and learning independent living skills.
The Village House staff provides supportive education, mentoring, help with community integration and knowledge of local resources and systems that serve adults.
Heather Barton, Program Director
- Program Type: Residential
- Service Types: Behavioral Health Services
- Gender: Open to male and female genders; dependent on current program milieu
- Capacity: 3
- Ages: 17-22 years old
- Length of Stay: 1.5 years (average)
- Department of Mental Health (DMH)
- Department of Children and Families (DCF)